Wednesday, September 22, 2010

losing my blog virginity...

As we become more and more dependent on technology, blogging seems to become more and more relevant.  At first I was confused by the idea of blogs, then intrigued, and then actually interested.  I have always enjoyed writing and expressing myself, but I'm told that one of the first rules of blogging is to have an interesting topic.  That shouldn't be so hard, right? There are THOUSANDS of interesting topics, and I have lots of interests...

WRONG. In fact...finding a topic for a blog is kind of like applying for university for the first time: there are too many options, and I have too many interests to really narrow in on one specific subject.  If my mind were a map, it would be of a meandering road that goes to many places but doesn't necessarily end up anywhere.  Apparently to write anything that people will read, you need to have some sort of purpose. 

I believe my purpose is to talk about the reality of being a young, redheaded woman in the 21st century.
The truth is that it can be tough sometimes...but it's a LOT of fun.

xox, kt

No comments:

Post a Comment